Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas past yet again

12-25-2006

Yet another Christmas has come and just about gone. Good times, hectic times, last minute items, family and friends gathering, exchange of gifts, looking at the lights, and remembering the true reason for Christmas that started it all. Still have a trip tomorrow to Kansas City to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra, plus of course, New Year's Eve dinner with friends and family next weekend.

Inbetween all that though, is the OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY COWBOYS vs. the UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE in the Independence Bowl Thursday afternoon at 3:30pm Central. Not the best two teams in the country record wise, but both provided some great football for their fans this year, and some good entertainment. It should be a close game, with OSU having the offensive edge, but Alabama having the defensive edge. They say defense wins championships, so we'll see how that pans out.

Sad news today, as James Brown passed away early this morning. He was truly a force in music for over 40 years, and an amazing talent. Much of todays music was influenced by his music over the years.

I survived the Christmas feast, or at least so far. I did eat more than I had been, and some items I'd not eaten in ages, but in very small portions. I know I overdid it, but I also know I'll make up for it, and soon. I"m not about to start going backwards on this weightloss now, so I'll get going again on the exercise and the eating properly, and not miss a beat. And I got new clothes for Christmas, so I need to make sure I can wear them for a long time to come !

All in all, it's been a very good year. Here's hoping everyone reading this has had a good year overall, and that 2007 will be the best year ever for all of us !!

Wally