Thursday, August 03, 2006

Anniversary and Moving Along

8-3-06

KAL's Southern Hills Chop House celebrated it's FIRST YEAR ANNIVERSARY on July 27th. It's hard to believe it's been a year.
We had several special events......

Wednesday July 26th Wine Tasting Dinner

Thursday July 27th Pat Moore Trio (jazz, standards, etc)

Friday July 28th Brady Orchestra plays The Beatles "Abbey Road"

Saturday July 29th Joesf Glaude (classical acoustic guitar)

Overall it was a busy and exciting time, and we certainly want to say THANK YOU to all that have visited KAL's, either last week, or in the past year. We appreciate your patronage, and certainly welcome feedback at anytime, good or not so good. If there is a problem of any kind, please let the staff know while you are there at the restaurant, so that they may have a chance to correct it. We want your visit to be as pleasant and enjoyable as possible.


On a personal note, I go in tomorrow for total right knee replacement surgery. After fighting this knee problem for years, it's now a better time to have the surgery done, after having lost so much weight. That will make the recovery somewhat easier. I know it won't be an easy recovery, regardless. They estimate I will be off work 3 - 4 weeks, and not driving for up to 6 weeks, since it is the right knee, and I use the right leg to drive.

Having this now means I'll not be able to attend the wedding of the daughter of my cousin in Minnesota, as well as not be able to join friends Labor Day weekend in Las Vegas. I'll also miss the first (and probably the second) home football games for Oklahoma State University Cowboys. and also the September Kansas City Chief home football games. But there is never a good time to do surgery and rehab.

I did make it to the lake last evening, for one last time before the surgery. It will be extremely tough for me to not get up to the lake for a number of weeks, but missing the hottest time of the year doesn't bother me that much. After the surgery and rehab, I'll be more mobile and agile, and able to utilize the boat more, as well as the steps down from the cabin to the lake. I still have the landscaping plan on tap for this November, and am looking forward to that completion.

I'll write again next week after I'm up and around enough to sit at the computer for awhile.

Wally